[Ur] New website?

Torstein Saltvedt torstein.saltvedt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:11:04 EDT 2015

Hi

I've felt that the Ur/Web website doesn't do the framework justice for a
while. Besides looking dated, the use of frames makes it difficult to link
to pages. A state of the art web programming language should have a website
which reflects that.

So I tasked a freelance designer to give it a makeover, which is attached.
Lots of general polish (typography etc) is missing, but the general ideas
should be clear. The website is very loosely inspired by Scala's.

I would be happy to implement it - but if so I'd like to use a static site
generator and host it using GitHub pages. There are some technical things
to consider if so, especially regarding the demos.

Would it be out of the question to move the project over to GitHub? It
would make the Ur/Web project a lot more accessible to other developers.

In any case feel free to do whatever you want with the attached files.

(The image is from Unsplash:
https://download.unsplash.com/photo-1431051047106-f1e17d81042f
https://unsplash.com/license )

​