[Ur] Unrecognized command 'style' (when trying to compile UPO, after adding bootstrap3 to /usr/local/lib/urweb/ur/)

Stefan Scott Alexander stefanscottalexx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 02:38:06 EDT 2015

Hi -

SUMMARY:

I'm trying to run UPO, and I'm getting a bunch of error messages:

Unrecognized command 'style'

which I think is during parsing of this file:

/usr/local/lib/urweb/ur/bootstrap/bootstrap3.ur

DETAILS:

I downloaded UPO from here:

https://github.com/achlipala/upo

I also got bootstrap3.urp and bootstrap3.ur from here:

http://hg.impredicative.com/bootstrap/file/934889934723

and put them in this directory:

/usr/local/lib/urweb/ur/bootstrap

since these are needed for UPO.

In that directory I set the permissions to make the files readable by
anyone:

sudo chmod 644 *

Now I go into the 'examples' directory under where I unzipped UPO:

~/sw/urweb/upo/upo-master/examples

and I do:

urweb -dbms postgres -db "host=localhost port=5432 user=scott
password='XXXXXX' dbname=jfac" jfac

and I'm getting a bunch of error messages:

Unrecognized command 'style'
Unrecognized command 'style'
Unrecognized command 'style'

I assume it's during parsing of this file:

/usr/local/lib/urweb/ur/bootstrap/bootstrap3.ur

This seems strange, because I'm pretty sure 'style' is valid syntax there.

Thanks for any help!

===

By the way, I'm not going to keep bombarding the list with questions
regarding a type-ahead for editing foreign keys.

I also had mentioned (but it got buried in my many, long messages) that a
simple *select* (instead of a *type-ahead*) would also be fine in most
cases - since my main need was merely to allow the user to set the
foreign-key field in a "child" record.

I just discovered that UPO already provides this, with chooseForeign.

- Scott