[Ur] Compilation error using onchange with ccheckbox

Graham Hopper graham at garden-images.co.uk
Fri Jul 24 07:49:44 EDT 2015

Very much a newbie here.

I am getting compilation errors with the following code:

fun main () : transaction page = return
     <xml>
            <ccheckbox onchange={fn _ => alert "Changed!"}/>
     </xml>

The error is long winded but I think the important part is:

   Need:
<UNIF:U52::{Type}> ++ [Onchange = <UNIF:U69::Type> -> transaction {}]
  Field:  #Onchange
Value 1:  transaction {}
Value 2:  <UNIF:U69::Type> -> transaction {}
Incompatible constructors
Have:  transaction {}
Need:  <UNIF:U69::Type> -> transaction {}

(let me know if you need more of the error message)

I did wonder if onchange is not supported for ccheckbox, but I found it
used in the mvctodo split application in the template.ur file.

I have updated and checked that I am running the most recent version.

Can anyone explain what I have done wrong.

Many thanks,

Graham