[Ur] Five weird questions involving kind `Name` vs type `string`

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun Jul 26 21:56:51 EDT 2015

Your questions all seem like variations on the same theme, and they have
a common answer: no, it is provably impossible to "convert a string into
a name" in Ur. Names are supposed to be determined at compile time, but
the features you're asking about would break that rule, and the compiler
would get very confused, without serious changes.