[Ur] Hamlet like XML, structured by indentation with tag autoclosing

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:59:29 EDT 2015

On 06/17/2015 01:37 PM, Gabriel Riba wrote:
> I have worked out the feasibility of Haskell's Hamlet style xml.
>
> [...]
>
> Are you interested?

Thanks for looking into this!

I can imagine that some (current or potential) Ur/Web users would
appreciate this feature.  At the same time, since XML syntax is already
very widely known among programmers, there is adoption value in
retaining it.

So, I'm interested in opinions from folks on this mailing list, about
whether Gabriel's patch might be appropriate to accept into the main
Ur/Web tree.

(I think my personal preference would be to stick to the traditional XML
syntax.  I'm warying of including alternative syntaxes, and the classic
syntax seems important for accessibility to newcomers.)