[Ur] ANN: toy-site named oilprice

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:46:20 EST 2015

Hi! I've written a simple page in Ur/Web. It should be accessible via
the following link at the moment

http://hit.msk.ru/Oilprice/main

This half-serious predictor does some urgent economical calculations
(to amuse my local friends). For the technical side, a number of
tricky methods and libraries are used in the project:

* git/submodules are used to link libraries to the master project
* cake3 is used to produce the project's Makefile (shouldn't be
required to build the project)
* Also, cake3 embeds binary files by generating C FFI wrappers around
them. Also it does some CSS parsing to convert url paths into Ur/Web
format. This is how bootstrap fonts and icons work.
* uru3 is used to include third-party CSS and JavaScripts in correct
order. For the bootstrap library, style declarations from the official
Bootstrap.ur are provided. Some additional libraries like
bootstrap-slider and bootstrap-dialog are wrapped.
* xmlw monad wraps around transaction monad, allowing to mix
transactional and xml code. It helps to map signals transparently (see
https://github.com/grwlf/oilprice/blob/master/Oilprice.ur#L105)

Regards,
Sergey