[Ur] UrWeb SVG inclusion trial, needs revision

Gabriel Riba gabriel at xarxaire.com
Sat Mar 14 08:55:34 EDT 2015

El 13/03/15 a les 18:07, Adam Chlipala ha escrit:
>> Specially the type constructor "tag" it is confound with the value
>> "tag" (that builds up xml subtrees with specific tag) but the
>> different parameters they take augments the confusion.
>
> The idea of separate namespaces for types and values is pretty common;
> Ur/Web inherits it from SML.  You see the same thing with, e.g., class
> constructors in C++.  I don't think it's inherently confusing, and
> usually it even improves understanding, by avoiding the need to add some
> extra nonsense prefix or suffix to an identifier for disambiguation.

I expressed my self wrongly. I just wanted to say that when things are
complex to understand, the eyes go from one definition to the other
incrementing mind boggling.

Namespaces are not mentioned in the manual.

> One easy-to-implement workaround is to use a /separate tag/ for nested
> SVG, with a different name.  Then modify src/monoize.sml to add a
> special case renaming that tag to <svg> in compiled code, for instance
> by copying the code in the place that maps "tabl" to "table" right now.

If we change the main container tag (which appears only once) instead of
the maybe many nested svg fragment tags, we will preserve fidelity to
the specification for the majority of the code.

I propose <SVGML> for the main SVG container (since SVGIMG or SVGOBJ may
suggest other tags attributes)