[Ur] Obtaining location information

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:27:30 EDT 2015

Hi. I'd like to experiment with establishing a connection between
Ur/Web application and the OpenSource hosting such as GitHub. The idea
is to provide the user with links like 'patch this place' or even
'translate this section'. In order to generate such a link I need to
calculate a) current revision and b) source location of the current
expression. I already know how to do the first point, but AFAIK there
is no way to extract the latter at the moment. I would be happy to try
myself in urweb hacking and implement it. My plan is to provide
necessary definitions in basis.urs and then instruct the compiler to
replace the function calls with the exact location value calculated by
the compiler. Does it sound real? Is monoize.sml the best place to
insert the hook?