[Ur] Change breaks backward compatibility: default event propagation in GUI handlers

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Wed May 13 06:45:53 EDT 2015

Following some discussion on this list of a proposed patch, I've changed
the interpretation of client-side GUI event handlers.  They no longer by
default block propagation of handled events to parent GUI elements.
Instead, code should call [stopPropagation] explicitly to get that behavior.

I've pushed this change to the public Ur/Web Mercurial repo.  I'll hold
off on making a new release with the change for at least a week, because
*the change breaks backward compatibility for Ur/Web apps using
client-side GUIs*.  If you have such an app, please check that it still
functions as expected.  Some source-code changes may be required to work
with the new Ur/Web, which should go out as a formal release (possibly
with other changes in the mean time) in the next few weeks.