[Ur] Anyone want to produce OS X binary packages for Ur/Web?

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Wed Sep 16 11:20:19 EDT 2015

OK, so I've been sitting back and waiting for OS X packaging experts to
come out of the woodwork.  I will assume that that process is largely
done now, but please do let me know, on-list or off-list, if you would
also like to be involved in such a process.

The highly scientific method of this thread tells us that Homebrew seems
to be the right package manager for Ur/Web, probably based on
assumptions about how technically sophisticated successful Ur/Web
programmers will be, when it comes to their OS environments.

Thanks, Chris and Eran, for volunteering to produce an official
package.  It is probably ideal to have associated code in a public
GitHub repo.  (I still plan to move Ur/Web to GitHub soon-ish, at which
point it would be natural to have a repo under the urweb organization.)

It sounds like Eran has created a first cut at packaging Ur/Web, but
there are still some issues to iron out.  Eran, would you be comfortable
leading the process of solving remaining problems, with help from Chris
and others, based on what you ask them to help with?