[Ur] FFI - initialization and shutdown logic for third-party modules

foldr at tutanota.com foldr at tutanota.com
Tue Apr 5 07:56:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

Is there any mechanism to reliably initialize a third-party library on Ur/Web
application startup and de-initialize it (once only!) on application
shutdown?

I probably can use [initialize] task in the beginning, but I need to ensure
that it completes before any requests are processed by the application - can
I rely on that? I have not found anything similar for shutdown
de-initialization.

See [1] for a practical example (notes at the bottom of the page).

https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.3/docs/html/users_guide/ffi-ghc.html