[Ur] Substantial memory leak in the JavaScript runtime

Saulo Araujo saulo2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:18:30 EDT 2016

Hi Adam,

Memory leaks in the JavaScript runtime like these are not important in
classical web applications because the browser moves to a new page very
frequently, thus freeing all memory that the previous page has allocated.
However, In single-page applications (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-page_application), the browser loads
just one page, which makes the absence of memory leaks in the JavaScript
runtime crucial. Maybe most of the applications that are in production are
of the classical kind. This would explain why there are no complaints about
memory leaks in the JavaScript runtime. As I am developing a single-page
application (https://github.com/saulo2/timesheet-ur), this is an important
matter to me. Therefore, I am willing to contribute by hunting those leaks
and suggesting fixes. Also, I believe that more and more single-page
applications will be developed with Ur/Web rather than classical ones.

Sincerely,
Saulo