[Ur] solution to the DB chicken and egg problem?

Marko Schütz Schmuck markoschuetz at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:42:19 EDT 2017

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 09:57:30 -0400,
Adam Chlipala wrote:

> I'm not familiar with a standard database feature to allow that mode, but it sounds like you are referencing
> an extra annotation on constraints.  Somehow this situation has only come up once in the 10+ years of Ur/
> Web's existence, and it's never been an issue for my own Ur/Web apps.

AFAIK "DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED" is standard SQL, but I agree
that it might not be of much practical relevance.

What about the other thought: explicitly merging two dml statements
into one transaction (of course stripping the transactions around the
individual dml statements)?

Best regards,

Marko