[Ur] Big drop in Ur performance in latest web framework benchmark

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sat Apr 8 14:35:45 EDT 2017

On 04/01/2017 05:22 PM, Andy wrote:
> Prelim results for the latest web framework benchmark is out
> (https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/previews/round14/) and the
> performances of Ur suffer pretty some big drops in a few tests
> (Fortune Single Query, Multiple Query - but improved significantly in
> Data Updates). Any idea what causes that?

The number of cores per machine has changed, and my best guess is that
the Ur/Web benchmark's solution hasn't been tweaked properly to set its
number of threads as a function of the number of cores. (Now there are
quite different core counts across the three machines in the study,
while the counts used to match.)