[Ur] Regular expressions DSEL?

Artyom Shalkhakov artyom.shalkhakov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:55:43 EST 2017

Hello Benjamin, Ziv,

I wrote a very rough approximation to the idea that Ziv proposed, here's
the code (currently, it does not do much):

https://github.com/ashalkhakov/urweb-regex/tree/typed-regex

At first I was thinking that it would be better to introduce named groups,
but now I'm wondering how to handle positional groups, instead?

Tangentially, I also noticed that JS does not handle capture groups mixed
with repetition, e.g.

'xabxabxab'.match(/(xab){3}/) // or with /(xab)*/

gives: ["xabxabxab", "xab"] (would it be worth it to try to rule out cases
like this statically? probably not?)

--
Cheers,
Artyom Shalkhakov