[Ur] sqlite, sequence, database is locked

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:42:14 EST 2017

Hi. My sqlite-based application uses sequences during GET processing.
AFAIK sequences are implemented as INSERTs for sqlite backend, so I
think the question is about generic sqlite behavior.

In my application, some transactions take a considerable time to
produce a page. During the process, other requests, even those which
only access sequences, are denied with 'Database is locked' error. Is
it possible to treat the sqlite locking error as a 'Bounded error'
rather than to terminate the request immediately? By bounded error I
mean to attempt to process transaction several times after certain
delay. What are possible negative effects of such a modification?

Regards,
Sergey