[Ur] Arrays and maps?

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun Jul 23 10:00:41 EDT 2017

Yes, it's possible in principle to add such things to the standard
library.  However, the rarity with which such a feature is requested
provides evidence that it's not important enough to build in!  Benjamin
Barenblat's suggestions of functional data structures seem good; most
applications will be fine using those.

Do you have a particular application in mind?

In general, I think arrays are dramatically overused in programming.
They're really a rather poor fit for almost all problems, in terms of
programming elegance.  Finite maps are more justifiable, but I would
claim SQL subsumes them, for computations happening on the server.