[Ur] Cannot find file urweb-mode for emacs

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 18:06:42 EST 2017

On 4 March 2017 at 03:08, Jeevjyot Chhabda wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I installed Ur/web on Mac OS X using brew ( brew install urweb). It
> installs without error but i cannot find the emacs mode file in
> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/urweb-mode Any suggestion to solve
> this issue. i would love to use Emacs. Or is there any other IDE for
> ur/web?

Since Ur/Web is configured by the Homebrew recipe as follows

  def install
    args = %W[
      --disable-debug
      --disable-dependency-tracking
      --disable-silent-rules
      --with-openssl=#{Formula["openssl"].opt_prefix}
      --prefix=#{prefix}
      SITELISP=$prefix/share/emacs/site-lisp/urweb
    ]

    system "./configure", *args
    system "make", "install"
  end

have you tried /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/urweb?

That said, maybe it shouldn't omit the "-mode" suffix to begin with
and be reported as a bug, but it's possible this is the preferred
Homebrew elisp naming scheme.