[Ur] No sql_injectable(_prim) xbody (or xml in general).

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Fri Nov 3 08:00:03 EDT 2017

On 11/02/2017 11:19 PM, Artyom Shalkhakov wrote:
> <mailto:post at peterbb.net>>:
>
>     It seems to me that it's not possible to store xml in a database.
>     Is there any reason for this?
>

> Storing it in a database is prone to XML/HTML injection (therefore the
> general case is disallowed).

Right, that's true.  However, it shouldn't be a concern when only your
Ur/Web app accesses that database.

Still, overnight I thought of another issue: legitimate JavaScript code
within HTML fragments can become illegitimate across versions of your
Ur/Web app!  A global identifier may no longer exist, causing an
unbound-identifier exception when using HTML retrieved from the
database.  To me, this is the kiss of death, reminding me why this
feature deserves to be left out.