[Ur] Research topic one semester Ur/Wev or dependent typer

Matt Rice ratmice at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 08:21:00 EST 2017

I'd posted the comment here, it's not much of a description though.

https://github.com/urweb/urweb/issues/99#issuecomment-343450038

The only other thought i'd had is something i have tried to work on, but
not yet had any luck with,
which is an implementation of the nanopass-framework as ur modules, the
nanopass framework in the scheme implementation of it provides a set of
macros (define-language, define-pass), which are a bit difficult to nail
down
in a statically typed language.

In particular it seems to require row polymorphism, folds, pattern
matching, type -> type functions
all which seem to be provided by Ur, individually I can see that the pieces
seem to be there, that I can imagine the big picture of how the macros
could be implemented in ur, but I haven't managed to put it all together,
not sure if it'd be a bit much for a semester or not.