[Ur] Extending Ur/Web

Harshita Kasera hkasera at usc.edu
Mon Nov 20 21:11:14 EST 2017

Hello all,

As a part of an academic project, me and Nitin have drafted a design
document for WebRTC <https://webrtc.org/> Extension to Ur/Web in this
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BWJz1jmM71-Qfc1dJWd-cbe6Nx9lNH-7GywL3v7tA9Y/edit#>
google
doc. The document talks about the design, architecture & usage of the
extension. It also contains the links to the implementation of the working
prototype <https://github.com/hkasera/urweb/releases/tag/v2.0> and a demo
video
<https://drive.google.com/a/usc.edu/file/d/1iirke1x_NFEdYwPCycKMK6k9osC0KMc1/view?usp=sharing>.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and concerns on the same.

We hope to receive your valuable feedback and comments to improve this
extension and submit a PR to the urweb repository later.

Link to the design document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BWJz1jmM71-Qfc1dJWd-cbe6Nx9lNH-7GywL3v7tA9Y/edit#heading=h.ebpd9mmdwq6y>

Regards,
Harshita Kasera

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Daniel Tornabene <d.t.peters777 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Harshita.  I don't want to lead anyone astray here, I
> have no experience with Ur/web (yet!) I'm just quite interested in it.  And
> I was especially interested in the idea of adding WebRTC support.  I'll be
> happy to contribute in whatever way I can if its possible to both come up
> to speed with Ur/web and follow ya'lls work at the same time.  Looking
> forward to it, in fact.
>
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Harshita Kasera <hkasera at usc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hey Daniel,
>>
>> Thank you for showing interest in this project. We are currently drafting
>> our proposal in a google doc, so we should be able to share the same in the
>> mailing list. Please feel free to collaborate with us on that google doc as
>> we would definitely need help and guidance.
>>
>> Tentatively we should be done drafting the doc by early next week. We
>> hope to receive your feedback and comments on the same. Meanwhile if you
>> have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Harshita Kasera
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Daniel Tornabene <
>> d.t.peters777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I'd be interested in following the work as it goes on (and maybe
>>> contribute?), is there a place I can do that?

>>> QUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=MkJhCdpTt7EGlY9HIb5
>>> 34g&m=wbFyCpISsGaaYkUfRWCwoIMYve2AchuOXBJhc3gBhWY&s=1P9VxT3C