[Ur] about the -static compiler flag

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Tue Oct 30 15:27:57 EDT 2018

I don't know if this GitHub issue
<https://github.com/urweb/urweb/issues/44> is related, but in general I
made a token effort (about 10 years ago) to support static linking by
adding one flag to the GCC/Clang command line, and it has been clear for
years that more modifications are needed somehow.  I don't intend to
research them myself since I literally always use dynamic linking for
Ur/Web apps, but I would be very glad to see related PRs.