[Ur] Drop of several orders of magnitude in Techempower benchmarks

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Thu Aug 1 08:22:09 EDT 2019

I'm glad you brought this up, Oisín.  I was already thinking of
appealing to this mailing list, in hopes of finding an eager detective
to hunt down what is going on!  I can say that I can achieve much better
performance with the latest code on my own workstation (similar profile
to /one/ of the several machines used by TechEmpower), which leads me to
think something basic is getting in the way of proper performance in the
benchmarking environment.