[Ur] Seeking Ur/Web case studies

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Sep 12 13:39:17 EDT 2009

I'm trying to come up with some data on how Ur/Web compares to the
competition (e.g., Rails, Django, etc.).  I'm most interested in
programmer productivity, because performance is so much better than
anything else that it's almost embarrassing to give details. :)
Security is interesting, too, but hard to quantify.  (Even harder than
productivity, which is already pretty hard!)

Is anyone out there working on any real applications with Ur/Web?  Is
anyone interested in attempting a smallish trial project?  I can provide
very detailed and timely (I hope) support/advice for anyone doing this,
and I would very much appreciate the chance to gather data!

 From my perspective, the ideal project would be very close in
functionality to versions already implemented in one or more of the
popular web frameworks, enabling reasonably apples-to-apples comparison.