[Ur] howto register cleanup which is neither uw_malloc nor transactional?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Dec 4 12:12:00 EST 2010

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Sat Dec 04 17:19:24 +0100 2010:
> OK, I've added a new argument to the "free" callback which is a simple
> boolean flag telling whether a retry is expected afterward.  (This is in
> the public repo.)

I wasn't sure whether its wise to mix transactional code with code
having to free something only - because I suggested adding priorities as
well.

So I'll only use the free callback and that's it.

The Ruby interface will somewhat look like this:

Ruby.eval "lambda {|context_id| ... }"

where context_id is the pointer to context.

Usage will be as easy as

let s:String = fromRuby Ruby.eval "{|context_id| code .. "}

or the like.

Maybe I can find out whether there is a list of ".ur include"
directories. It could be used to set a ruby include path accordingly.

Anyway thanks - I can keep me busy for a while now :)

Marc Weber