[Ur] howto register cleanup which is neither uw_malloc nor transactional?

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Dec 4 12:37:55 EST 2010

Marc Weber wrote:
> Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Sat Dec 04 17:19:24 +0100 2010:
>
>> OK, I've added a new argument to the "free" callback which is a simple
>> boolean flag telling whether a retry is expected afterward.  (This is in
>> the public repo.)
>>
> I wasn't sure whether its wise to mix transactional code with code
> having to free something only - because I suggested adding priorities as
> well.
>
> So I'll only use the free callback and that's it.

This is getting complicated enough that I hope you can start writing
some real code and only asking for further features if you can't get to
where you want to be. :-)  (In other words, I'm not claiming that the
worry that was keeping you from doing this wasn't, in fact, completely
valid; but the mass of feature requests has gotten large and vague
enough that I'm having trouble understanding it.)

> Maybe I can find out whether there is a list of ".ur include"
> directories. It could be used to set a ruby include path accordingly.

No such thing exists, and it wouldn't even make sense.  Ur/Web purposely
includes no run-time code loading, which is fundamentally incompatible
with the whole-program compilation model.