[Ur] Vim plugin

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Wed Dec 8 12:21:49 EST 2010

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:32:14 +0100
Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:

> Excerpts from Davor Ocelic's message of Wed Dec 08 17:23:53 +0100
> 2010:
> > Marc,
> >
> > could you give just brief clarification how to
> > enable the Vim plugin?
>
> Get vim-addon-manager. Then add
> .. Activate(['vim-addon-urweb1])
>
> to your .vimrc file (see documentation of vim-addon-manager)
>
> That's it.
>
> Restart vim and it should pull all required files

It seems there is package vim-addon-manager in Ubuntu which
is completely different thing from what you were referring to.

So I git clone the correct vim-addon-manager.

I've placed it, and the urweb plugin, in ~/.vim-addons/, each
in its own directory.

I've updated .vimrc with:

fun ActivateAddons()
  set runtimepath+=~/vim-addons/vim-addon-manager
  try
    call scriptmanager#Activate(['vim-addon-urweb'])
  catch /.*/
    echoe v:exception
  endtry
endf
call ActivateAddons()

And when starting vim this gives:

  Vim(call):E117: Unknown function: scriptmanager#Activate

What's up with that?

Thanks,
-doc