[Ur] Using Ur/Web to create standalone JS applications

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sun Dec 12 11:29:17 EST 2010

Vag Vagoff wrote:
> On 12.12.2010 18:06, Marc Weber wrote:
>
>> Which kind of application do you have in mind where this really matters?
>> Maybe we can help you find an alternative (Eg Amazon cloud like stuff)
> > You are not specific enough. Which web application do you have in mind?
>
> Various small sites like business cards, web shops and forums.

My suggestion is that, if Ur/Web still sounds promising to you from a
purely technical standpoint, spend some time making sure it's really the
right language for you.  Just like its main influences ML and Haskell,
it probably isn't appropriate for most programmers.

If you still like it and lack of super-cheap hosting services is an
issue, we may be able to work out some VPS sharing on this list.  I
wouldn't necessarily be against subsidizing a big chunk of the cost, if
the language, tools, and community are being advanced.