[Ur] what about adding short documentation to core library (.urs files)

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sun Dec 12 19:36:40 EST 2010

Marc Weber wrote:
>    I feel the lib/ur/*.urs files should contain a little bit more
>    documentation.
>
>    Eg there is incl.urs - and I still have no idea what it is about at all.
>    Everybody knows what option.urs is about. But what does mem.urs contain?

Heh, I had forgotten that [Incl] and [Mem] were in there.  It would
probably be most sensible to delete them or move them to the Meta
library I'm planning. :)

In case it's interesting, [Incl] is implementing a record inclusion
predicate, while [Mem] is implementing a record membership predicate.

>    Having short names is fine. I'd still appreciate having a short
>    description such as
>
>    (* option.urs: This file contains additional functions supporting the
>       option type which either holds a value or doesn't *)
>
>    Then you get an idea about wheter you want to learn more about that code
>    or not immediately.

A reasonable request.  How about opening a Mantis bug for it?

> Has anyone already written kind of hash / map ?

You get this automatically via SQL, but you probably mean something
implemented entirely within Ur, in which case I don't know of anything
written yet.