[Ur] error building in user directory

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Jan 30 11:24:16 EST 2010

Chris Casinghino wrote:
> When building (even for a global install) with the
> new version, I get the following error:
>

>    libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6b
> Debian-2.2.6b-2, but the
>    libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6.
>    libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool
> 2.2.6b Debian-2.2.6b-2
>    libtool: and run autoconf again.
>

> I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, by the way.  I have discovered that running
> "make reauto" and configuring again lets make get further

I should have run that myself before distributing, I guess.  Can you try
the version from this public Mercurial repository?  It should have the
issue fixed.
     http://hg.impredicative.com/urweb

>    cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>    http.c: In function ‘worker’:
>    http.c:213: error: no return statement in function returning non-void
>    make[1]: *** [http.lo] Error 1
>    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ccasin/linux/urweb/src/c'
>    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> Not sure what any of this means (I confess my autotools skills are
> limited).

This is just GCC -Wall not doing smart enough control flow analysis.
Apparently your GCC does different -Wall tests than mine does.  The
version I linked to above has extra 'return' statements added to try to
satisfy your GCC. :)