[Ur] last type decl wins?

Vag Vagoff vag.vagoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:32:56 EDT 2011

> Being forced to choose different names for similar functions with different scopes leads to longer and harder-to-understand names.

Forcing developer to invent names that needed only technically is a big sin, indeed, and must be avoided in first place.

One more question: what about to make order of toplevel definitions irrelevant? It gives freedom to move definitions up and down freely
and rearrange them to improve readability. The shadowing disables that facility outright.

I understand you do not want to modify existing compiler, but what about hypothetical optimal solution? Other programming language designers (me)
will benefit from your experience a lot.

Vag.