[Ur] last type decl wins?

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Apr 16 11:36:07 EDT 2011

Vag Vagoff wrote:
> One more question: what about to make order of toplevel definitions
> irrelevant? It gives freedom to move definitions up and down freely
> and rearrange them to improve readability. The shadowing disables that
> facility outright.

I think freedom to move definitions is bad for readability.  It means
that you can't understand a file incrementally by digesting each
definition as it appears.  Any definition may rely on another piece of
code appearing arbitrarily later in the file, even if we measure
distances in the AST rather than at the character level.