[Ur] GET vs. POST

James Parker jp at jamesparker.me
Mon Dec 19 19:35:36 EST 2011

> Then you would be going against the HTTP standard semantics, which says that GET requests may not cause side effects (and there is no way to use POST from a link without some fancy JavaScriptin').  You could whitelist the [signout] function for side-effecting GETs using the [safeGet] .urp directives.

I decided to go with the safeGet directive. A submit button wouldn't really fit in with the page and my css styles are only associated with links. Also, maybe the error message should be updated to consider the safeGet directive?

Sorry about the subject. I wasn't sure if I should change it.

Thanks,

JP