[Ur] 4th day on working on "demo"

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Fri Jul 22 08:38:26 EDT 2011

Vasili I. Galchin wrote:
>       1) Now I see I must run the utility "initdb" in order to get a
> potsgres instance/cluster in good state. I can't find in the ubuntu
> "cache". I did a google and couldn't find.
>
>       2) Can I set authentication info via "initdb", like username and
> password?

I'm very surprised that you need to do this.  Nothing like that is
necessary in Debian; installing, for instance, package "postgresql-8.4"
creates the default cluster for you.  I thought Ubuntu packages worked
broadly like Debian.

But this is really getting to the point where it's not appropriate for
the ur mailing list.  Feel free to contact me privately about Postgres
or ask in the #ur IRC channel, as Marc suggested.