[Ur] serving css from urweb

Zach Tatlock ztatlock at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 23 16:24:13 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Adam Chlipala <adamc at impredicative.com>
wrote:
> I've just pushed a changeset (to the public Ur/Web repo) which adds a
[show]
> type class instance for [css_class].  The idea of using this sends a chill
> down my spine, but the customer is always right. :)

Thanks!  Sorry for requesting such a kludge :\

> Do frameworks today all
> come with tools for distributing dynamic and static content together with
> "one click deployment," or are folks on this list expecting more from
Ur/Web
> because of its closer integration with CSS, etc.?

For me, it's the latter.  Ur/Web's ability to do *everything* radically
simplifies development.  It enables you to work from many different
machines, without network access, without root, etc.  It allows
collaborators to pull your code, compile, then be up and running
independently with minimal hassle.  It improves modularity since you can
build a component with very few dependencies on outside systems; you just
drop it in and everything works. etc.

I am unaware of a competing system that offers these benefits.