[Ur] A direction for Ur/Web

Gergely Buday gbuday at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:25:48 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I was talking with Adam about the following:

there is a range of systems on how to create a website, starting from
a simple Wordpress install through a php-hacked one and a Drupal site
to an industrial site developed with Django or Ruby on Rails.

It would be nice to have a configuration framework like Wordpress has
for Ur/Web websites.  There is no need to be a php/mysq expert to run
a Wordpress site. It would be nice to have something similar for
Ur/Web, thus having a low-level entry point for Ur/Web _users_. Being
able to create themes for standard websites would be a plus.

There is a problem with Wordpress, namely, if someone tweaks a theme
to have extra features, then the migration of website data becomes
anything but easy. I do not have a proof but have the feeling that
module signatures could help us.

Is there anybody out there having had this or a similar idea and could
brainstorm about it?

Cheers

- Gergely