[Ur] File I/O

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Tue Nov 1 21:12:52 EDT 2011

James Parker wrote:
>> I know storing "files" in a relational database is unusual, but do you have in mind a reason why it wouldn't work for your intended application?
>>
> I've done it before at an internship and it wasn't a very clean implementation.

What do you mean by "not clean," and do you think the same would apply
to an Ur/Web implementation?

> Also, I think PostgreSQL limits data to 2GB so this is a significant restriction.

OK, I can see that being a problem, though I imagine that, for many
(most?) applications, files anywhere close to this size would be
problematic, so it would even be a useful feature to get an extra check
against saving overly large files!