[Ur] File I/O

James Parker jp at jamesparker.me
Wed Nov 2 11:07:08 EDT 2011

> What do you mean by "not clean," and do you think the same would apply to an Ur/Web implementation?

When storing data files in the database, we had to store additional metadata such as headers. Then when the user downloaded the files, we had to resupply the metadata so the browser could properly handle the download. I think this would probably still apply if the files were stored in the database.

> OK, I can see that being a problem, though I imagine that, for many (most?) applications, files anywhere close to this size would be problematic, so it would even be a useful feature to get an extra check against saving overly large files!

I'm not sure if I'd consider this a feature... It's relatively trivial to restrict the size of uploads as needed.

JP