[Ur] get c or object file from urweb compiler without -debug?

Timothy Beyer beyert at fastmail.net
Thu Jul 19 22:07:33 EDT 2012

Dear list,

I am writing a program that loads shared object files generated by Ur/Web
dynamically at runtime, and I need either the .c or the .o files to generate
the .so.

I've already successfully generated the .so files, but the way that I currently
obtain the object file (using -debug) seems messy.  What is the canonical way
to obtain these files?

The -debug switch appears to add the -g option to the c compiler options, which
I don't want most of the time. (and also gives a warning if clang is used) When
I read about the -dumpSource command, the documentation suggests that it is for
stderr only.

Regards,
Tim