[Ur] Announcing jsMove

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Mon Jul 23 08:41:43 EDT 2012

Timothy Beyer wrote:
> At Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:27:20 -0400,
> Adam Chlipala wrote:
>> I think the mouse/key event handler changes I announced yesterday might
>> make some (but definitely not all) of your FFI work redundant.
> I was actually going to ask about that, for example, is there a reason why
> there isn't an onMouseMove definition provided? (since you have it in
> mouseEvents)

I don't remember why I didn't include a global hook for that event
before, but I've added it now.

>> Why does jsMove.urs include type definitions?
> I like writing type definitions whenever possible, and I actually thought it
> was required in this case, but if it isn't suggested, then I'll omit them.

No, not required or suggested.  This point is the same as in ML.  I
can't think of a reason why one would want to require that _all_ type
definitions made or used in a module be repeated in the module's
signature, when they wouldn't otherwise be referred to there.