[Ur] mod_fcgid and Ur/Web

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sat May 5 20:16:32 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Sat May 05 20:08:10 -0400 2012:
> Why not just give "script.fcgi" a nicer name like "myApp"?  You can't
> use .htaccess to tell Apache which files are FastCGI scripts?  Or is the
> issue that the paths still wind up too long?

Yeah, I dislike having to have that path component. :-)

There may be shenanigans in some hosting environments where
having the fcgi is mandated (I can't remember if this was the
case with scripts.mit.edu; I was testing a lot of variables
simultaneously, and the broken 404s weren't helping.)

Edward