[Ur] TechEmpower Benchmarks

Vladimir Shabanov vshabanoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 07:17:21 EST 2013

2013/12/12 Adam Chlipala <adamc at csail.mit.edu>

> Interesting; so throwing at least one popular proxy in front doesn't bring
> magic performance improvements.  That's at least comforting from the
> perspective of not challenging my mental model of how efficient the Ur/Web
> HTTP binaries are.

I think nginx helped my benchmark only because of it fixed non-working
keep-alive. Since nginx uses the same Ur/Web's HTTP interface there
shouldn't be any improvements on a local machine. On a faraway machine it
could help by reducing network latency by not making new connection for
each request.

However maybe FastCGI interface could help.

Great to see these improvements. Few simple things and Ur/Web is very near
to top. One more thing -- in postgres (and maybe other backends) there is a
read only transaction mode (BEGIN READ ONLY). As far as I understand ur/web
already knows whether transaction is read only or not. Setting this mode
could improve the speed of query handling. Maybe not much but who knows.