[Ur] Very interesting, but mind-exploding

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 22:37:56 EST 2013

Hi!

I've been checking out ur/web. There are some tutorials spread around, and
I also checked the samples in the official site. I never really programmed
in functional languages, having used Ruby for the last 5 yeasr. But I could
grasp most of it.

I did stumbled upon something that I wasn't expecting - the manual and the
overwhelming math equations that start on page 20. That just killed my
inspiration to go on :(

That being said, I think this part would be better put in an Appendix or
something like that, with additional text on what reference material would
help understand it. The problem I see there is that the author is assuming
the user knows this. Knowledge Syndrome anyone?

This made me feel really, really dumb today. But at the same time, I'm
willing to understand it now. I could use some help! Could someone point me
to any material that would help me understand those equations? I mean, I
have no idea how to make sense of them.

As a last note -- author, please, consider having the humble non
Phd/academic developer in mind. I know ur/web is "not for everyone", but
the manual is just too scary as of now.

Cheers,

- Marcelo.