[Ur] Very interesting, but mind-exploding

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun Nov 17 07:57:09 EST 2013

On 11/16/2013 10:37 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> I did stumbled upon something that I wasn't expecting - the manual and
> the overwhelming math equations that start on page 20. That just
> killed my inspiration to go on :(

Thanks for pointing out this opportunity to make the manual less scary.
In the public Mercurial repo (so for a version of the manual that will
go up with the next Ur/Web release), I've added a note there saying,
essentially, that that section is safe to skip, but that the notation
there is standard and the most effective way of conveying the
information.  I included a pointer to a textbook for those who'd like to
learn about it so that they're ready to digest the technical details of
Ur typing.