[Ur] feature request: forward url declarations

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun Jul 13 06:31:06 EDT 2014

On 07/13/2014 05:43 AM, Sergey Mironov wrote:
> Hi. I'm trying to solve the old problem regarding application design:
> pass a set of urls to the main-page template function.

My current recommendation for such contexts is just to use the [bless]
function to convert strings to URLs.  Yes, it's quite ugly and
untyped-ish, but it simplifies the code without requiring new language
features.

We are also working on an example modular application framework using
Ur/Web, where we have a fairly fancy approach using records and
metaprogramming.  I hope I will have something practical to share there
soon.

I will also think about your suggestion (which I believe others have
made before).  It couldn't hurt for others on this mailing list to share
their thoughts on the issue.