[Ur] New website?

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 05:06:42 EDT 2015

>> As for urweb-callback, the mailing-list archives will show my skepticism
>> of the basic abstraction, at the time it was being designed.  I remain
>> unconvinced that it's necessary, given the periodic-tasks functionality
>> built into Ur/Web.
>
> I understand that point of view, it just seems like a useful library in some
> situations.

Regarding the urweb-callback issue - I think it is definitely useful
for OS communication, where periodic tasks may not meet latency
constraints. From the other hand, the low-level structure of the
library seems to me not very good now. I would like to re-design it.
Replacing queues and thread manager with simpler constructs is
probably a good idea . I hope I'll do this some day.

Regards,
Sergey