[Ur] Functional infix operators ?

Gabriel Riba griba2001 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:41:48 EST 2015

Adam Chlipala <adamc <at> csail.mit.edu> writes:

> On 02/11/2015 11:04 AM, Gabriel Riba wrote:
> > A functional language cannot lack functional infix operators :)
> >
> > They enhance code readability and save parenthesis.
>
> Could you please clarify whether your message is meant to convey a
> feature request and, if so, exactly what that request is?

It is a feature request and a discussion proposal, because the symbols have
to be chosen if not yet done.

The most graphical appeling are the ones used by FSharp because the offer
symetry in respect to the application direction.

But you may claim some ML tradition and pick the OCaml ones.

I thought that to include this few operators in the grammar was feasible but
I cannot foresee the error messaging implications.