[Ur] Standalone executable/binary runnable from command prompt

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun May 3 12:01:46 EDT 2015

There is no concept of "files" in Ur/Web, and your life will be easier
as an Ur/Web programmer if you stick within the endorsed model where all
persistent state is in either the SQL database or cookies.

I believe your idea of the appropriate first "hello world" program is
misguided in roughly the same way as a C programmer deciding that he
needs to print "hello world" to the console as his first Haskell
program, despite the fact that monadic IO makes that task more complex
than expected, and despite the fact that IO and other side effects are
not core concepts in Haskell.