[Ur] Can an Ur/Web server be made to create directories / write to files on the host Linux filesystem?

Timothy Beyer beyert at fastmail.net
Mon May 18 12:01:55 EDT 2015

At Mon, 18 May 2015 12:32:16 +0300,
Sergey Mironov wrote:

> Hi! Here are 2 cents from my side: I've written urweb-callback library
> which provides API for running server-side tasks. The library follows
> the transactional semantics where possible. Also, it sends a callback
> to a client upon completion - it was a non-trivial thing to implement.
> The code is a bit bulky, but it works.
> https://github.com/grwlf/urweb-callback

This library sounds interesting.  I think I only overlooked it in the past
because it requires patches.

So if I start a process that takes a long time, and the Ur/Web server process
gets stopped, does the process keep on running?

On the client side, if the person refreshes the page, does the process keep on
running?

Regards,
Tim