[Ur] Ur/Web on ARM?

Evan Danaher ur at edanaher.net
Thu Oct 22 07:31:28 EDT 2015

I played around with Ur/Web on ARM a while back see the following post
and followups:

http://www.impredicative.com/pipermail/ur/2014-May/001659.html

More recently, I also got a small app running on a scaleway.com server,
and I don't remember having to do anything special.

One thing to be aware of is that MLton tends to be rather memory-hungry
(though this may or may not be the issue you're running into).  A while
back, I tried to build Ur/Web on a VPS with 128 MB of RAM, and I think I
ended up generating C files on my (larger) desktop, copying them over,
and then manually compiling them with gcc (using the command that Mlton
used at the end.)

Ur/web (both the compiler and final application) ran just fine with
limited memory, though, at least for my demo app.